Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 9

I am surprised and in mild disbelief that tomorrow is the last day of phase one of my recovery. I feel like I've learned a lot about myself throughout this process, more than I think I was ready for. The other day when I was at my dad's house, my stepmom told me that I had a chance to "live in my head" and that it was good for me. I think it has been good for me. I have been living my life with a whole lot of saying things before I really think about them. I wonder how much I've said that really needed to be said! I don't think that I'm going to stop talking forever or start being like "Silent Bob" or anything, but I do think that in the future I will be more mindful of what I'm saying.

Today me and Diana went to the Herb Store and got feathers put in our hair. Apparently they only do it on Tuesdays between 2:15-3:45, which is the only reason we didn't wait for Skye to get into town to do it. The next time she's in town on Tuesday between 2:15-3:45 I want to take her to get hers though! They are really fun and I think they're pretty. On the way to the Herb Store the marker for my dry erase board totally died, so Diana had to be my voice. Diana told the woman who puts the feathers in my "tale" so to speak. About how I had the surgery and I can't talk for a while and how I'm a singer so it's a really big deal. The woman was sympathetic. She said "I guess it makes you realize what a vocal culture we are". And she's right, it is very difficult to function without the use of your voice. There are a lot of things I can do, but as far as participating with the rest of the world, it's very very difficult.

But I had a really good day. Diana and I watched the rest of season 4 of Dexter and then Kenneth joined us for a fun, mild little walk in the park. We're already making plans for the rest of the week. I'm happy that I finally feel like I want to leave the house and I'm not just totally depressed all the time!

I am excited to hear my voice again... when the time is right. I wonder if I'll sound different, if I'll even notice a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment