Yesterday, Kenneth and I went to Kelly and Kelsey Ann's wedding ceremony. It was a beautiful ceremony and I was really happy that I got to be there. I made the decision early on that I wouldn't go to the baseball game/reception afterward because it would be too tempting to speak and would just be difficult in general, but it was nice to see them and some other familiar faces who gave me lots of love and support. Then I went home and slept for like 5 hours. I don't know why I was so tired, I just was. Oh, but I was proud of myself because I wore heels! Yeehaw. I need to get better at wearing those.
Today I went to get sushi with my mom and matt and we got such horrible service that we left before our food came (dont worry we waited over an hour before we came to this conclusion) and went to Java Joes instead. It was nice to get to see them but I wish Amy could've been there because I miss her! My mom gave me the hard copies of the pictures of my vocal chords from after my surgery and something I saw that I couldn't see in the facebook version is the big slice down the side of my vocal chord where they took the cyst out. It really grossed me out and made me sad. I hope that I'm healing up well and I am anxious to see my doctor to know where to go from here.
Kenneth and I are starting the South Beach Diet again in a couple of days. I have said this several times, and every time I've been on it I've lost weight, but I always abandon it for some reason or another. But now I dont feel like I have any excuses. I dont do anything, and it's easy enough to maintain once I get a job and all. Also, in the long run it will be cheaper because we wont be eating out as often- if at all. Not that Kenneth needs to lose any more weight, he lost like four belt notches at camp, but he loves me and wants to support me and all.
Once I start the diet I will start documenting my food on here too, that way I keep track of what I'm eating and how much and all.
Today I came home and one of my dogs had broken into a giant bag of epsom salt that I left in the bathroom and eaten most of it and left the rest all over the carpet. Thankfully neither of them have the runs, but I can't say I'm not terrified of the outcome of tiny dogs eating epsom salt.
So I guess this is actually an average sized blog post- there you go! Kenneth and I just watched "Your Highness" and it was super super hilarious. Now I'm going to go to bed!
Oooooh, and I just went online shopping for grown-up clothes and it's looking like it'll be about $400, which isn't so bad. That'll be for a lot of pants, a skirt, a new coat for the winter and some classy tops/cardigans, and a pair of shoes and some other stuff. I'm almost done getting rid of more than 3/4 my old wardrobe, I just have one more box (a big box, but only one more!) of my old clothes. Maybe that'll be my mission for tomorrow. Tackle that giant box of old clothes!
No comments:
Post a Comment