Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 11

Today was the official start of phase two of my recovery. The first 10 days are over and we are on day one of the 20 day phase, but to keep things from getting confusing I will just say that it's day 11... because it is.

Today was productive. I checked in with my UNM stuff to make sure I was still registered and good to go. Worked a little on math, worked a lot on my cabaret and cleaned the house.

I am in the process of creating a one-woman show/cabaret thing. I don't know exactly what it's going to be yet, but since this whole situation began I thought it would be an interesting story to tell. I thought it would be interesting, funny and touching to do a musical show about not being able to use your voice. I have ideas, like I want to show the "surgery" using stop motion animation (I'll draw it- it might be cool). I want a whole song to be lip synched or written out on a white board and purely pantomimed. It's still in a VERY early stage right now, I'm still just looking for songs that I want to sing. Gilbert directed me to a couple websites where I can look at archives of musicals and find new musical theatre songs. The new musical theatre website is really cool but some of the songs you can't listen to them before you buy the music which I find bizarre. You'd think that they would at least have an itunes style sampler thingy or something so you know what you're getting. So I'm also trying to find them on youtube and blah blah blah, it's a long process. Also, it's insane because almost every song written for my voice type is BIG. I can't have a 45 minute show that's just crazy belting the whole time. It would be exhausting! So, yeah if anyone has any ideas for songs I could sing let me know. They don't have to be girl songs or type specific at all.

So today was the first day that I was allowed to talk, but I was too scared, so I made sure that I was too busy by myself to be able to talk out loud. This evening, however, Kenneth and I went to the grocery store and on the way out he told me that he didn't think I could out the way I was going and I shook my head at him. Then, when I found out he was right I said, "You're right". It felt strange. Not because I was saying Kenneth was right- but because I was saying anything at all. It felt different. Kenneth says my voice sounds different- younger. He says that he wonders how long I had Cystina because he doesn't remember the last time I sounded like that. I don't know if there's that much of a difference, but then again I might just not notice because it's coming out of me... and I'm too scared to talk more to find out what he's talking about.

Tomorrow I am going to make a budget for next month and see how much I'm gonna need, then I'm going to do more math and try to hit the gym. Then me, Kenneth, Diana and Ryan are going to go see that new Guillermo del Toro movie, "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark". We are ready to have our pants scared off!

Also- Ben and Jerry makes a new ice cream that has chocolate covered potato chip clusters in it. What?!

No comments:

Post a Comment