Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 18

I can't believe that I only have twelve more days of this! It's definitely going faster than I anticipated. I still have a lot more to get done. For instance, it was one of my goals to finish all of my math homework before I could speak again. That way all I have to do is mail them in and take the tests. I'm not worried though. I ran into a snag (I needed graph paper and then couldn't find a pencil or calculator to save my life!) so I went to the store and bought some new ones. So while I'm well on my way, I still have a long way to go.

I wanted to have a resume written, but part of the problem is that I have heard that you should tailor your resume to the job you're trying to get... but I don't even know what kind of job I'm trying to get! I don't even know how to get a job! I mean I kind of do... I just... yeah I don't know!

I went to the gym today (finally) it was kind of scary. When I went the first time there were two people already there on the elliptical machines, which is the machine I wanted to use. So I went back to my apartment and ate lunch, then I went back and worked out for 45 minutes (elliptical 1/2 hr, bike 15 min) and then did some yoga stretches. It was nice and I feel good. I will be going again tomorrow.

I read online that Drew Carey lost 80 lbs by working out for 45 minutes a day 6 days a week and eating no-carb and drinking nothing but water! I'm not going to do that, but I will try the 45 min. a day, 6 days a week thing. And for two weeks i"ll be doing the no-carb thing, but I really agree with the South Beach idea in that you learn how to eat the right kinds of carbs and fats instead of just depriving yourself of those things forever and ever.


I've been really enjoying cooking lately. I've been working on cooking nice and healthy for me and Kenneth. Tonight I made a really yummy chicken casserole thingy with low-fat cheese, rotel tomatoes, onions, and a homemade cream-of-nothing soup that I made with arrowroot powder instead of a flour or wheat based thickener. I was very very happy with the way it turned out. It felt like it shouldn't be good for me, but it was. We had black beans on the side that I seasoned with lime and a spicy Mrs. Dash blend.

Today was a good, productive day. I hope that tomorrow shapes up to be just as nice. I am planning on going to see my dad tomorrow, so that should be good!

Goodnight :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are eating healthy and pushing yourself to be active during all this crazy stuff. It's so easy to just become down when this sort of stuff has such an impact on your life. I'm so proud of you. Also, I'm listening to Patti Lupon's book. She had busted multiple blood vessels in her vocal chords, had a serious surgery, relearned how to talk and sing and then went on to win a Tony for Gypsy. You're younger than her, so if she can do that, imagaine what you can do!

    Also, so I have not contacted you to hang out. I literally wake up early to spend time with Leonard before he goes to work, go to school, come home and eat dinner then rehearsal and home to sleep and do it all over again...so I will find time in all this madness to see you cause I love you!

    Muah muah muah!

    i love you,
    Gilbert

    ReplyDelete