Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 28

Today I felt like something was off. I just had a head ache all day and was really sleepy and sore. I did some living room yoga using fitness tv on demand instead of going to the gym, and it was good. But mostly I just laid around and felt kind of dumpy. I'm going to sell some old books tomorrow to make a little bit of cash and make a little bit of room in my apartment. I hope that I get to falling asleep a little earlier today so that I can wake up at a normal time tomorrow and get to being useful.

Today was the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and like everyone else in the world, I spent some time today remembering. On September 11, 2001 I stayed home sick from school. My mom went to work early and I was watching tv when the news came on. And it was on every channel. And I flipped through the channels so fast I didn't even know or care why it was on every channel I was just annoyed that I couldn't watch tv. So I put in Godspell, a musical that my mom had been trying to get me to watch for a while and I watched only a few minutes of it before turning it back to regular tv and seeing what was going on in the world. And even though at this time in my life I didnt even know what the World Trade Center was, what purpose it served... I didn't know anyone in New York and didn't even know that one day I would dream of living there... I cried. And I had no idea what was going on. I just saw things on fire and I dont think that even the newscasters knew what was going on or who was responsible. I called my mom to make sure she was watching... and then I took deep breaths and calmed down, and finished Godspell. I LOVED Godspell, but of course now every time I watch it I think of 9/11.

It's not an extraordinary story, but it's mine.

Something else freaky, is the film version of Godspell (with Victor Garber as Jesus) is filmed in New York City and at the very end of the number "It's All For the Best" it pops to a shot of the twin towers and holds there for a moment. It was very eerie

Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment