Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 24

Today I got to spend a lot of time with Diana and it made me think a lot about ideas for my future. She and I played around with some "acro yoga", which is basically doing partner yoga where you flip around and hold each other in the air and stuff. Having good stretchy hamstrings really helped me out tonight! We are going to get together often to practice acro yoga and hopefully get better at it. Diana and I both have a love of yoga and it was really cool to look up videos of acro yoga because of the coolest women we found doing it was a larger woman. I really miss yoga and I've been doing some poses before and after I do my cardio workouts because it's really super good for me and helps me not to get sore and stuff.

ANYWAY, Diana has this plan to, sometime in February or next spring, take an intensive to become a certified yoga instructor. Now I may not be ready in February for something like this, but I believe in yoga and know that I have a passion/talent for it, and also it is something that can move with me when I move. SO- I will work really extra hard to become stronger and more familiar with technical terms and practice some yoga every day (and go back to Blissful Spirits once I've established myself with a job and it cools off a little outside, I can't IMAGINE doing hot yoga while it's still hot outside) and then maybe come February I will be able to take that step. I want to keep doing yoga for the rest of my life, I never felt better about myself then when I'm doing yoga or performing. So why not? And hell, I'm not stupid, I know that I have a long way to go and have to work really hard to get the body I want, but I think that since I'm working towards being prepared to be a stronger yogi and not just to lose weight, it will be easier and less emotional. I think it's a great idea, so I'm gonna keep up with it!

I think I'm going to apply at Whole Foods and work on getting a portfolio together and once I have some money saved up, start going to photographers. I am going to make a time-line for myself, set expectations and goals and deadlines. So my first one is by the end of the month to have a job. I think Whole Foods would be a good job to have because I can work in an environment that doesn't require me to use my voice excessively (like it would if I worked in childcare) and I would get at least a 20% on good-for-me foods and the 365 brand of dog food is full of good stuff for the pups and is way cheaper than other organic and mostly meat brands you can get at Petsmart and whatnot. I think that surrounding myself with healthy minded people and having these goals to become stronger and more disciplined will really help me.

I'm still eating well every day, it is much easier to eat well now that I'm not in school. It's like I don't have any excuses anymore.

Oh- and Dad! I did four math assignments today!

1 comment: